Friday, April 23, 2010

Leftover Night


I see now that I have three blog followers - shout out to my peeps! I guess this means I should blog more often, huh?

Tonight was "get mildly creative with leftovers" night. I had a small can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls in the fridge because I planned to make turkey roll-ups for Kids - half a slice of American cheese and a thin slice of turkey lunchmeat, rolled up in a crescent roll and baked. (I've mentioned that Husband and Kids are omnis, right?) I had two crescent rolls left. I read somewhere that this brand is vegan and nothing on the list of ingredients flew in the face of that statement, so...

I took some leftover baked tofu (baked after marinating in a dijon mustard/lemon juice mixture). I then sprinkled the inside of each crescent roll with some Eden Shake, lay some leftover baked tofu on it, rolled it all up and sprinkled it with more Eden Shake. Served with a side of leftover spaghetti squash with a bit of Earth Balance.

The results: not too bad. The crescent roll was the predominate taste, mostly because the tofu was pretty mildly flavored to start. I'll definitely try this one again, but with a stronger marinade for the tofu. My usual baked tofu marinade is olive oil, balsamic vinegar and spices and it has a much more pronounced flavor.

(Like my picture? What can I say - this website is not Vegan Lunchbox...my attempts to make cutesy food don't typically come off very well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment